You might have heard this term mezzanine, but you are not very sure about it? There is absolutely no need to worry. People often get confused hearing the term. A Mezzanine Builder in Melbourne will tell you that it is nothing but an intermediate floor built between two other floors of a building. The word ‘mezzanine’ is derived from an Italian word “mezza”, meaning half or middle.
A mezzanine is generally built between the main floor and the ceiling. Mezzanines can be freestanding, hung from the ceiling or even be a permanent part of a building. These floors are typically not counted among the overall floors of the building. Before you plan to build a mezzanine it is always suggested that you decide on the type of mezzanine to be built.
Types of Mezzanines
An experienced Mezzanine Builder in Melbourne will guide you through the different types of mezzanines that can be built. Keep reading to find out more.
- Freestanding Mezzanine: If you are a first-time business owner, then this is a perfect option for your building. Additional storage can be enjoyed in abundance both below and above the construct. The structural columns give reliable support for maximum durability of the structure. One of the benefits of this mezzanine is it has a painless setup.
- Rack Supported Mezzanine: These mezzanines are commonly referred to as ‘catwalks’. These are less-heavily constructed mezzanines. These mezzanines are typical space-savers. A Mezzanine Builder in Melbourne will tell you extensively about the benefits that come along with constructing this type of mezzanine.
Apart from the types that are mentioned there are many more types of mezzanine floors that can be constructed. If you are interested in finding out more, please get in touch with the experts at Zeid Projects. You can mail us at [email protected]
How high should a mezzanine floor be?
When the idea of constructing a mezzanine floor comes to your mind, you certainly want to find how high the mezzanine floor should be. If you are wondering why it is so important, a Domestic Builder in Melbourne will tell you that according to national building standards a mezzanine needs to meet a minimum height. Also, the building on which this floor will be constructed needs to be of a certain height. This will allow the accommodation of the floor.
So, what are the different requirements that you need to consider while designing the mezzanine floor. The height of the mezzanine will also be affected by the type of the business you are running as well as the availability of the space. Here are the points you need to keep in mind while designing your mezzanine floor.
- Proportion: A Mezzanine Builder in Melbourne suggests that a mezzanine should be one third to half the height of the floor to the ceiling for aesthetic purposes. If you wish to construct an aesthetically pleasing mezzanine floor or mezzanine office, choosing the appropriate height for a higher ceiling is always preferable.
- Height, equipment and machinery: While deciding on the height of the floor of your mezzanine floor, you need to consider the equipments and machinery at your disposal.
- Number of levels: You need to consider how many levels of floors you prefer. If you wish to build a third level to the existing mezzanine, a Mezzanine Builder in Melbourne will suggest that don’t make the second level too high. The best way to build a mezzanine is to get in touch with the professionals at Zeid Projects. You can check out [email protected].
We at Zeid Projects try to bring a fresh approach to construction. We focus on providing solely high-quality results.
Now you must be wondering why you really need to build a mezzanine at all. A mezzanine floor is an economical way of adding additional space within an existing building. Mentioned below are some of the benefits of building a mezzanine floor.
Benefits of building mezzanine floors
- Increased floor space: If you have to double your floor space, a Mezzanine Builder in Melbourne will help you in achieving that. You don’t have to worry as this can be easily done within the existing premises. Mezzanine floors help in combining two tasks under one roof.
- Not a permanent fixture: One of the advantages of a mezzanine floor is that it is not a permanent fixture. Hence, when required this can be removed with much ease.
- Add character to your building: By building a mezzanine floor, you can add a distinct character to your building. It is an easy way to increase the aesthetic of the building. An efficient Mezzanine Builder in Melbourne will help you change the look of your building by making it far more attractive. Hurry up and check out [email protected] When you are building a brand new floor in your existing building it is always wise to choose a company that has years of experience in the same field. Zeid Projects are a pioneer in the field of building residential as well as commercial projects.
What to look for when choosing a mezzanine builder in Melbourne?
When you are building an additional floor in your building choosing the right builder is of utmost importance. There are numerous builders in the market, but choosing quality Mezzanine Builder in Melbourne is a task. Even if Zeid Projects is there at your disposal you can check out these points.
- Experience of the builder: The builders you are approaching should have minimum years of experience in the market. When you see consistent previous results you will naturally want to hire the mezzanine builders. An experienced builder comes with enough knowledge inculcated from the market.
- A well-coordinated team: Building a floor is not a one-man task. It requires a complete coordination of a team of builders. The better the coordination the better the results of building the mezzanine. A Mezzanine Floor Builders with a well-coordinated team will successfully complete the task more efficiently.
I hope this blog will be helpful to you if you plan to add a brand new floor to your home or commercial building.